I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
我曾见过你们人类无法想象之事物;太空战舰在猎户星座旁熊熊燃烧,我注视着万丈光芒在天国之门的黑暗里闪耀。所有这些时刻都将迷失在时间的长河,如同泪水消失在雨中……是时候走向死亡了。
—— 《Blade Runner 银翼杀手》
————————————————————2019.7.24更新致敬纪念Roy Batty扮演者Rutger Hauer葬礼————————————————————
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night, and all the nights to come.
长夜将至,我从今开始守望,至死方休。我将不娶妻、不封地、不生子。我将不戴宝冠、不争荣宠。我将尽忠职守、生死于斯。我是黑暗中的利剑、长城上的守卫、抵御寒冷的烈焰、破晓时分的光线、唤醒眠者的号角、守护王国的坚盾。我将生命与荣耀献给守夜,今夜如此,夜夜皆然。
—— George R.R. Martin 《A Song of Ice and Fire 冰与火之歌》
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and reverence - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me.
有两件事我愈是思考,心中就愈充满惊叹与敬畏 - 我头顶上的璀璨星空与我内心的道德准则。
—— 康德
Despite knowing the journey and where it leads, I embrace it and welcome every moment.
——Ted Chiang 《Stories of Your Life and Others 你一生的故事》
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves. 生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。
—— 泰戈尔
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
—— Shakespeare
Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." —— Carl Sagan
这是一张著名的照片。1990年,旅行者1号探测器即将飞出太阳系的时候,在距离地球60亿公里的地方,美国国家航空航天局命令它回头再看一眼,拍摄了60张照片,其中一张上正好包括了地球——图中那个亮点。1996年,天体物理学家、著名科学作家卡尔·萨根就此说过一段非常著名的话:“在这个小点上,每个你爱的人、每个你认识的人、每个你曾经听过的人,以及每个曾经存在的人,都在那里过完一生。这里集合了一切的欢喜与苦难,数千个自信的宗教、意识形态以及经济学说,每个猎人和搜寻者、每个英雄和懦夫、每个文明的创造者与毁灭者、每个国王与农夫、每对相恋中的年轻爱侣、每个充满希望的孩子、每对父母、发明家和探险家,每个教授道德的老师、每个贪污政客、每个超级巨星、每个至高无上的领袖、每个人类历史上的圣人与罪人,都住在这里 —— 一粒悬浮在阳光下的微尘。”
I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am. —— Sylvia Plath 《The Bell Jar 瓶中美人》
Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I’m not living. —— Jonathan Safran Foer 《Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close》
Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart. —— 《Kafka On the Shore 海边的卡夫卡》
Do not go gentle into that good night,
不要温和地走进那个良夜,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
白昼将尽,暮年仍应燃烧咆哮;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
怒斥吧,怒斥光的消逝。
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
虽然在白昼尽头,智者自知该踏上夜途,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
因为言语未曾迸发出电光,他们
Do not go gentle into that good night.
不要温和地走进那个良夜。
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
好人,当最后一浪过去,高呼着他们脆弱的善行
Their frail deeds might have danced in agreen bay,
本来也许可以在绿湾上快意地舞蹈,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
所以,他们怒斥,怒斥光的消逝。
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
狂人抓住稍纵即逝的阳光,为之歌唱,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
并意识到,太迟了,他们过去总为时光伤逝,
Do not go gentle into that good night.
不要温和地走进那个良夜。
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
严肃的人,在生命尽头,用模糊的双眼看到
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
失明的眼可以像流星般闪耀,欢欣雀跃,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
所以,他们怒斥,怒斥光的消逝。
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
而您,我的父亲,在生命那悲哀之极,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
我求您现在用您的热泪诅咒我,祝福我吧
Do not go gentle into that good night.
不要温和地走进那个良夜。
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
怒斥吧,怒斥光的消逝。
—— Dylan Thomas 《Do not go gentle into that good night》&《Interstellar 星际穿越》
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.
我们将在没有黑暗的地方相见。
—— George Orwell 《1984》
Find what you love and let it kill you.
Let it drain from you your all.
Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness.
Let it kill you, and let it devour your remains.
For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but it's much better to be killed by a lover.
—— Henry Charles Bukowski
Live long and prosper.
生生不息,繁荣昌盛。
—— 《Star Trek 星际迷航》
Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss... But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.
有人住高楼,有人在深沟,有人光万丈,有人一身锈,世人万千种,浮云莫去求,斯人若彩虹,遇上方知有。
—— 《Flipped 怦然心动》
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way.
这是最好的时代,这是最坏的时代;这是智慧的时代,这是愚蠢的时代;这是信仰的时期,这是怀疑的时期;这是光明的季节,这是黑暗的季节;这是希望之春,这是失望之冬;人们面前有着各样事物,人们面前一无所有;人们正在直登天堂,人们正在直下地狱。
—— Charles Dickens《A Tale of Two Cities 双城记》
In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a visage of vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
在你眼前,是一位低贱的杂耍老手,他在命运的沉浮中随波逐流,扮演着受害与加害者的双重角色。这面孔,不徒是虚华的外表,它还是业已不再的人民呼声的残响。不过,不惮于重提昔日烦恼的他,依然活力盎然,决心铲除那些腐败堕落的毒虫;他们是作恶的先锋,他们代表了对自由意志肆无忌惮的恶意破坏。对他们裁决只有复仇,这象征希望的血海深仇不会是徒然的,因为它的价值和真实,终有一天会证明,那些高尚者和警醒者是对的。
—— 《V for Vendetta V字仇杀队》
The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability.
生活唯一可预知的正是其不可预知性。
Fight, and you may die. Run, and you'll live -- at least for a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!
打,你也许会死。逃,你就能多活上一阵子。但是多年后,当你垂垂老矣卧床濒死,你会不会想用从此时此刻到那一天的所有时间,去换取一个回到这里的机会,来告诉我们的敌人,他们可以夺走我们的生命,但是他们永远无法夺走我们的自由!
—— Braveheart 《勇敢的心》
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
人民不应当畏惧政府,政府应当畏惧人民。
Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch... We are free.
我们的尊严不值什么钱,但它是我们唯一真正拥有的东西。它是我们最后的一寸领地。但在那一寸领地里...我们是自由的。
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy - and ideas are bulletproof.
这张面具下的不止是肉体,还有思想和信念 - 而这信念让我无所畏惧、刀枪不入。
—— V for Vendetta 《V字仇杀队》
------------------------------------------
Oscar Wilde
--Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
--Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.
--The curves of your lips rewrite history.
--Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
--We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
--There is nothing in the world like the devotion of a married woman. It is a thing no married man knows anything about.
--There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
--The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.
--It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
本站所有内容均为互联网搜索引擎提供的公开搜索信息,本站不存储任何数据与内容,任何内容与数据均与本站无关,如有需要请联系相关搜索引擎包括但不限于百度,google,bing,sogou 等
© 2025 tinynews.org All Rights Reserved. 百科问答小站 版权所有